EU Data Protection
Last updated: June 12th, 2018
Effective: June 12th, 2018
What data does Zubtitle collect about our users?
- A username of the user’s choice
- Email address
- IP addresses where using Zubtitle
- Google account and page details, if provided
- Primary use of Zubtitle, if provided
- Zubtitle usage statistics (e.g. how many user videos are created)
The following additional information may be collected by third parties, but is not stored directly by Zubtitle:
- Credit card information
This data is primarily used for contacting our users, ascertaining their location to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations, and providing essential functionality.
- When we ask for information, we do so at the time that it’s required. We do not ask for, store or collect information that we do not need.
Third Party Service Access
The following is a list of third-party services that may access your data at various times:
- Google Firebase
- Google Analytics
- Google Fonts
Data Storage and Security
Your data is securely stored in industry-leading data centers. These include servers protected by PGP encryption protocols, SSL certificates, and password and API keys that are regularly cycled.
In addition to this, the following precautions have been made:
- Database access is strictly limited to those requiring it
- Server access is strictly limited to those requiring it
Administrator roles are designed such that those performing routine administrative tasks do not gain access to data that is not relevant to their role
Handling a Potential Data Breach
In the unlikely case of a data breach, the following steps will be followed:
- Site, server and database access will temporarily be disabled
- All of our passwords and security certificates will be changed
- Our users will be emailed and notified of the breach
- An internal investigation will be started to ascertain as much as we can about the breach
- The Zubtitle site, server and databases will be re-enabled once they’ve been proven to be secure
- Changes will be made, and documented, to prevent a similar breach in the future
- A follow up an email will be sent to all of our users, detailing what we learned from the investigation, along with the steps to prevent future breaches
How can I delete my data?
Please contact us at email@example.com to request your account, and its associated data, to be deleted from the Zubtitle, and associated servers.
How can I export my data?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your account, and its associated data, to be exported from Zubtitle.
Who is the Data Protection Officer?
Data Protection Officer: